Monday 9 May 2016

Hey Guys,
Today I thought it would be beneficial if I posted a video of one of my jump off rounds. This round was filmed in Mullingar in Ireland and I'm going to explain a few things that went wrong in this round and why I knocked a fence.


 I'll begin by talking about the start of the round, I went in a circle to angle myself over the fence so I would be heading in the right direction for the next fence and to also get there quicker. The problem about my turn was I turned quite short not leaving enough room for my horse too turn resulting in him slowing down and getting too deep into the fence. He nearly knocked it but the great thing about my horse is he trusts me so I nudged him on gave him a slight tap with my whip to say were going for it and he cleared it perfectly even though I messed the turn up.


The run up to the next fence we had no problems and he cleared fence 3 perfectly so I was able to turn for the double. The first part of the double was perfect but on the second part I turned too soon over the fence making Fionn knock the top pole off gaining 4 faults. We didn't give up though we kept turning to make the 5th fence which is a wall but you can't see it in the video. He jumps that fine so I was able to turn him for the last fence which he cleared. In the overall competition our team came 5th because of my fast time if I hadn't knocked we would've come 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment